Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Redial Button : Awkward Conversation Catalyst

This might be due my general clumsiness or inability to do anything properly - but the redial button on my stupid landline is the bane of my existence. Now you all know I'm no hard worker. I am NOT going to dial a number AGAIN, that I dialed three minutes ago. 
But.
See here is what happens. Ninety percent of the times. 
I dial a number, being all happy, ask what I need to and then hang up. Maximum five minute conversation. But because my brain is located somewhere near my butt, information gets lost somewhere on its way from down there, to my mouth because I unfailingly forget to ask what I actually needed to. I mean I can talk about the weather, ask about people's extended family, air my opinions on the current five year plan( full disclosure : I haven't the faintest), and have a mini heated debate about the existence of Pok√©mon. But asking what's coming in the next day's test? Pfft. Hell no. That gets lost in transition from my brain to my mouth. And basically fifteen minutes later I realise WHY I picked up the damn phone in the first place. 
Now it inevitably happens that in the span of this fifteen minutes - between it dawning on me that I didn't ask what I was supposed to, and disconnecting the call - I have had ANOTHER pointless conversation with person B already. 
And now I'm all like, "Damn - I didn't ask A about the test!"
So what do I do? Basic instinct. Press redial only to call Person B. And I'm expecting Person A's dude voice on the phone, but what I DO get is Person B's high pitched voice asking me why I'm calling literally after five minutes and don't I have anything better to do in life than to waste other people's time. And BECAUSE my brain is near my butt, and literally works with the speed of an obese snail, I keep on saying "Hello" in the most puzzled voice ever for eight minutes before I realise I've called the wrong person, by which time Person B is so mad that they are spewing lava into the phone. Wouldn't want to share THOSE profanities with you now. 
Yeah - I've lost friends because of this. 

3 comments:

  1. haha! I have definitely experienced the "spewing lava" effect before! The worst is when I have to call my boss, and as soon as she picks up I immediately forget why I ever bothered her in the first place and simply stammer into the phone. I really hope she doesn't have caller ID! ;)

    I love your blog, by the way. I am so glad that I clicked over here when you commented on mine! It is so great to find another blogger who is around the same age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed going through your blog too - it is pretty nice to meet bloggers of the same age group :)

      Delete
  2. Earn from Ur Website or Blog thr PayOffers.in!

    Hello,

    Nice to e-meet you. A very warm greetings from PayOffers Publisher Team.

    I am Sanaya Publisher Development Manager @ PayOffers Publisher Team.

    I would like to introduce you and invite you to our platform, PayOffers.in which is one of the fastest growing Indian Publisher Network.

    If you're looking for an excellent way to convert your Website / Blog visitors into revenue-generating customers, join the PayOffers.in Publisher Network today!


    Why to join in PayOffers.in Indian Publisher Network?

    * Highest payout Indian Lead, Sale, CPA, CPS, CPI Offers.
    * Only Publisher Network pays Weekly to Publishers.
    * Weekly payments trough Direct Bank Deposit,Paypal.com & Checks.
    * Referral payouts.
    * Best chance to make extra money from your website.

    Join PayOffers.in and earn extra money from your Website / Blog

    http://www.payoffers.in/affiliate_regi.aspx

    If you have any questions in your mind please let us know and you can connect us on the mentioned email ID info@payoffers.in

    I’m looking forward to helping you generate record-breaking profits!

    Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you soon,
    The team at PayOffers.in

    ReplyDelete